This post has been a long time coming! Things have gotten busy around here, but I’ve been really excited to share this idea. I went a little picture-crazy with this post…I got a new camera from hubby for Christmas and I’ve loved playing around with it.
I needed a cake for a co-workers birthday, and I was looking for something different. Because I like ice cream better than cake, I wanted to do something frozen…even though it was January. After some clicking around the internet, I had a plan. It couldn’t have been easier, and the cake was a huge hit! I only got a small taste.
Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
12 ice cream sandwiches
1 tub of whipped cream, frozen
15 oreos, crumbled into bits
1 jar of hot fudge
1. Unwrap all 6 ice cream sandwiches. Lay the sandwiches out on a medium-sized square plate.
2. Warm the hot fudge and spread a thin layer over the ice cream sandwiches. I used Archer Farms Sea Salt Hot Fudge, because I always love a little salt with my sweet.
3. Remove the whipped cream from the freezer and spread a thin layer over the hot fudge. It will be tough to get a thin, smooth layer…but it will be hidden, so it doesn’t have to be perfect.
4. Sprinkle the Oreo crumbles over the whipped cream.
5. Unwrap the last 6 ice cream sandwiches and layer them neatly on top.
6. Frost the cake using the rest of the whipped cream. Sprinkle and decorate as you please, then freeze it for 10 minutes.
7. Smooth the sides of the cake using a butter nice, making it all nice and neat. Heat the rest of the hot fudge and drizzle away.
This cake is unique, simple, and tastes amazing! It is perfect for birthdays, but easy enough for everyday. Enjoy!